7/14/2015

VIENNA IS DIFFERENT// WIEN IST ANDERS

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Summer, sweating and heat - the perfect time to write about something that happened 
during the snowy days of january this year.

We were supposed to work in groups and take photos for a class project on the topic
WIEN IST ANDERS (= VIENNA IS DIFFERENT)
which is the slogan of our city.

I had a lovely group to work with (three other girls from my class).
Every group had something to focus on as
old cafes, places you wouldn't expect in Viennapast/present

My group's specific theme was sculptures and buildings.

Our project began and we spent two days freezing in the ice cold Vienna in order to take suitable pictures.
And indeed we did, here are some of my personal favourites:

Enjoy!






 
                                                         



























 




Sculptures are very often to be seen on facades in Vienna, that's why I use to say
"Vienna is where the buildings live and the streets breathe."
("streets breathe" because there are many windy places in this town)

Places in Vienna you can see on the photos: Schloss Belvedere & Innere Stadt (Stephansplatz) 

Through this project I learned how much inspiration, interesting and fascinating things you can discover by just changing your view a little bit.

The next time you're outside try to look at the buildings around you, look up (carefully), right and left, notice what your city is telling you.

Whether you suffer from a creative block or not, I'm sure this is a great opportunity to find new inspiration or at least something new you haven't seen the same way before.

2 comments:

  1. Vienna looks so beautiful in the snow!
    I visited Vienna in April with my school, but we spent most of the time inside because it was cold and rainy. I hope to go back one day (hopefully in the middle of winter, because the buildings in the snow just look so amazing) and see more of the city :)

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, winter in Vienna is quite special, especially during christmas time with the lovely christmas markets and fancy lights! :)

      Delete