10/29/2015

September Sketching

Wow, I feel like a really long time has passed since I wrote my last Blogpost. It's been a while. But I'm back. And extremely motivated to keep this Blog going as far as it will take me. And I'm inspired. To create. A lot. Soon. Hopefully.

September was a quite chaotic month for me, school started (my last school year ever = study for finals until you faint?!) and I traveled to France! It was a really special journey I will definitely tell you about in a post and I'm also working on a video about it. My birthday was on September 22., I'm 17 now, but let's leave this as well for another post.

the idea

For september I've had set myself a challenge. Since I really love drawing but I'm not satisfied with my skills so far I decided to try and draw/sketch every single day in September. I've had set myself a few rules with it:

- no use of eraser, mistakes shall stay visible
- no too long thinking about what, how, why... just instinctively
- pencil only



the process

It was actually more challenging for me than I thought it would be (yay that rhymed!). I mostly felt the urge to use an eraser to erase mistakes but I really wanted to teach myself to first of all notice my mistakes, just realize them so it would be easier for me to improve them. Also I wanted to look at my worst drawings keeping this thought in mind: "It doesn't have to be perfect. Don't compare your beginning to others middle. It's okay and important to make mistakes.". Easier said then done. But it helped.

the creation











the conclusion

All in all I enjoyed this little challenge. It made me intentionally look for inspiration in my everyday life. It made me realize how important it is to me and that it is worth taking a section of the day aiming to create something. I didn't put an enormous effort into the sketches but I accept and like them the way they are because they also keep memories in a way.


3 comments:

  1. I love this idea and your sketches are really good!

    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com.mt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'll check it out as soon as my laptop is properly working again :)

    ReplyDelete